March 17, 2020
Re: Green Acres Foundation COVID-19 Precautions – UPDATE
Green Acres Foundation wants to assure you that the health and safety of our residents and employees is paramount. Therefore we are taking appropriate measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our residents and our employees.
We have implemented:
- Enhanced disinfecting protocols in all of our locations, with particular focus on high contact areas.
- Education, communication, and reminders to our residents, employees, and visitors on the precautionary measures the Foundation has implemented to mitigate COVID-19 exposure.
How you can help to avoid the risk of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Please be advised that if you ring to be let into the building, you may not be granted access at this time. By direction of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health we can only accept essential visitors into the building.
- Ensure your family member living in the building has hand sanitizer on their person at all times and encourage the use of it.
- Assist your family member in obtaining disinfecting wipes.
As access to the lodge is restricted please contact the lodge manager to make arrangements if you need to bring in supplies to your loved one.
If you see staff or others in the building wearing a mask, do not be alarmed. Masks are to be worn by anyone with a cough to prevent transmission to others.
While Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health has assessed the current public health risk to contract COVID-19 as low, we will continue to monitor developments closely.
For further questions, please see the site Manager.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us prevent COVID-19.
GREEN ACRES FOUNDATION