Although the province has begun the recovery plan laid out by the Government of Alberta, we are still under orders from the Chief Medical Officer of Health to ensure our residents safety.
Here you can find some general information about our current procedures:
- All staff members are assessed for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter the lodge. If they are unable to pass the screening questions they are not allowed onsite and must immediately self-isolate and wait for testing. Residents are also screened daily to check for possible symptoms.
- Staff are limited to working within one single facility to limit the risk of transmitting COVID-19 between lodges. Staff are also required to be continually masked while working in the lodge.
- New residents are still being accepted into our lodges. If a new resident moves into one of our buildings, they will be required to isolate in their suite or apartment for 14 days.
- Enhanced disinfecting procedures are being followed for all locations, focusing on high touch items in the common areas and resident suites.
- Visitors are not allowed in our lodges at this time. A designated essential visitor, plus one other visitor are able to visit from outside the lodge building. This must be pre-arranged with the manager of the site, so please phone well ahead of time. Masks must be worn by all parties including the resident, and the 2 meter physical distance guideline must be followed.
- Group activities in the lodge have been increased to allow 15 or less people to participate in low risk activities while maintaining their physically distancing. Low risk activities are activities that do not use shared equipment and keep 2 meters of distance between participants.
- While residents are allowed to leave their lodge, we strongly discourage unnecessary outings as it increases exposure for all the residents of the building. We understand that essential outings such as visits to the doctor’s office for urgent needs are occurring, and we appreciate everyone’s diligence in following recommended masking and hand-sanitizing to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Hair salons have resumed operating in our lodges. The hairdressers are required to follow specific guidelines and both parties will be required to wear masks.
We are working hard to disinfect and keep physical distance, while still providing a warm and pleasant home environment for residents.
If you are looking for official COVID-19 updates, information can be found www.alberta.ca/Covid-19
We release our own updates here on our website as well as on our Facebook page at facebook.com/greenacreslethbridge. Please check back regularly for further updates.