Piyami Place, located in Picture Butte, is a care option that combines housing with healthcare services to seniors who require 24-hour personal care with the support of an LPN but do not require unscheduled direct nursing care.
Piyami Place consists of three five-bed townhouses, each containing:
- a living room
- a homelike kitchen
- a dining area
- private bedrooms with full bathing facilities
- an emergency call system in each bedroom
Each ‘townhouse’ also includes an assisted tub room and laundry facilities.
Allocation of Suites:
Piyami Place offers a total of 15 suites. In order to most effectively meet the needs of the seniors requiring the specialized needs that Piyami Place offers, the suites are allocated as follows:
- Five suites in one secure townhouse provide a safe environment for seniors diagnosed with dementia or specific behavioural concerns.
- Seven suites are used for seniors requiring 24-hour Assisted Living level of care.
- The remaining three suites are used as Community Support Beds for seniors requiring a short stay for minor illnesses, convalescence (like postoperative care), palliative care, or respite care (for caregiver relief)
- Health Care Aides and LPNs are on-site to provide assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, toileting, and mobility.
- Alberta Health Services Community Care Case Managers visit Piyami Place each weekday to provide care planning as well as monitoring of the residents. On weekends and holidays. Alberta Health Services Community Care Case Managers visit on an on-call basis.
Placements to Piyami Place are completed based on referrals received from Community Care Case Managers. Upon receipt of a referral, Green Acres Foundation will forward an application for residency into Piyami Place to the senior or his/her family.
For more information about assessments and referrals to the Enhanced Lodge and Assisted Living programs, please contact the Alberta Health Services Access Centre at (403) 388-6380.